The original organ was installed on completion of All Saints’ Church and was dedicated by Joshua Pritchard-Hughes, Bishop of Llandaff, on Saturday 24 April 1915.
The original cost was £750. The Carnegie Trust contributed a grant for half and the other half was raised through fundraising activities organised by Lady Beatrice Stewart.
The organ was built by Evans & Barr of Belfast. It was very favourably reviewed at the time both for its excellent design and performance.
In 1987, the organ was extended and modified, using additional pipework from Salem Baptist Chapel, Porth. The organ now has 3 full manuals, the Swell Organ, the Great Organ and the Positive Organ or Solo Manual.
It was re-dedicated by the Lord Bishop of Llandaff on 8 December 1989. Dedicated ‘To the greater glory of God and in memory of the late Dorothy Gladys Holland’ whose bequest largely financed the work.
In 2013, Clevedon Organs were commissioned to undertake a partial overhaul, putting it back into a basic playable condition. Further immediate work is needed to complete the restoration and allow the only major surviving Pipe Organ left in Barry playing to ensure the Organ remains for future generations to play and enjoy.