Certain services have resumed, with CoViD measures in place:
- Sunday, 10:30 — Sung Eucharist with choir (please book by email to the office)
- Wednesday, 10:00 — Said Eucharist
- Thursday, 18:30 — Said Eucharist
The Parish Church of All Saints, Barry
The Church of All Saints was built in 1907–08 as a response to the rapidly increasing population of Barry at that time, succeeding St Nicholas’ as the Parish Church. It was consecrated by the Bishop of Llandaff on 29 April 1908. [NCT page] and designated the Parish Church in 1919. It is an imposing building and its clock tower dominates the Barry skyline from many angles. The view from the top of the tower is quite breathtaking and well worth a look if you ever get the chance and you have a head for heights.
The churchpersonship of the parish is what Anglicans would describe as “middle of the road” with an emphasis on traditional Anglican worship. The community of All Saints is tangible with a variety of societies and committees based at the Church each with its own busy schedule. Please see our societies page for a full list and for further information about their forthcoming events.
All Saints’ benefits from a large congregation but there’s always room for more and a warm welcome awaits new members and visitors alike.
Pre-CoViD, our Sunday morning service had a Sunday School in the hall during term time which children aged between 3 and 16 were most welcome to attend. We hope and pray for the time to come soon when we can offer this again.
All of our team minister at each of the four churches, but Rev’d Zoë has special responsibility for All Saints’.
Rectors of Barry
- Canon Allen, Rector of Porthkerry and Barry, died in post on 2 April 1898
- In 1907, H. H. Stewart was Rector of Porthkerry and Barry
- 1937–1958: William Nicholas Peregrine, Rector of Barry with Porthkerry (died 24 June 1971, aged 83)
- 1958–1968: John Alun Jeffreys Jones, Rector of Barry with Porthkerry (died in post, 18 June 1968)
- 1968–1985: William David Davies, Rector of Porthkerry with Barry (until 1972), Rector of Barry (from 1972), Rural Dean of Penarth and Barry (1975–85) and Canon of Llandaff Cathedral (1982–85; died 27 February 2008, aged 88)
- 1986–2008: John Gerard David Oeppen
- 2009–2014: Adrian Charles Berry
- 2015–2016: Kevin William Lake, Priest-in-Charge of All Saints and St John with St Baruc, Barry (became a Vicar in the Benefice of Barry)
Vicars for All Saints’ in the Rectorial Benefice of Barry
- 2016–2020: Kevin Lake (Team Vicar)
- 2021–present: Zoë King (Ministry Area Leader)